The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is Your Voice at the IRS. They say their job is to ensure that every taxpayer is treated fairly, so that we know and understand our rights. They offer free help to guide us through the often-confusing process of resolving our tax problems that we haven’t been able to solve on our own.
They say, remember, the worst thing we can do is nothing at all!
1. The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is an independent organization within the IRS and is your voice at the IRS.
2. We help taxpayers whose problems are causing financial difficulty. This includes businesses as well as individuals.
3. You may be eligible for our help if you’ve tried to resolve your tax problem through normal IRS channels and have gotten nowhere, or you believe an IRS procedure just isn’t working as it should.
4. As a taxpayer, you have rights that the IRS must respect. We’ll help you understand those rights and ensure that they’re protected in any contacts with the IRS.
5. If you qualify for our help, you’ll be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn. And our service is always free.
6. We have at least one local taxpayer advocate office in every state, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. You can call your advocate, whose number is in your local directory, in Publication 1546, Taxpayer Advocate Service — Your Voice at the IRS, and on our website at www.irs.gov/advocate. You can also call us toll-free at 1-877-777-4778.
7. Our tax toolkit at www.TaxpayerAdvocate.irs.gov has basic tax information, details about tax credits (for individuals and businesses), and lots more.
8. TAS also handles large-scale or systemic problems that affect many taxpayers. If you know of one of these broader issues, please report it to us at www.irs.gov/sams.
9. You can get updates at:
10. TAS is here to help you because when you’re dealing with a tax problem, the worst thing you can do is nothing at all!
Here are afew of the tax services we found in Harlem:
www.manhattancc.org/…/East-Harlem…Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
East Harlem Insurance Brokerage and Tax Service | 235 East 117th St., New York, NY, 10035 |
East Harlem Tax Service can file IRS and All states Tax Returns. No money to file
? We can take our fees out of your tax return and direct deposit the rest within 7 …
Join LinkedIn and see how you are connected to East Harlem Tax Service. It’s free.Get access to insightful information about your network at thousands of …
… over 40 years we have been serving thousands of firms like yours in the accounting and tax industry. … Spend a few minutes reviewing our AFSB web service.
East Harlem Tax Service for individual and business needs.
Jan 16, 2014 – Harlem Business Alliance notified us this morning via Twitter that they are “
helping people with their taxes for free.” The free services are …
Nov 25, 2013 – Free tax preparation