This spring, Starbucks is making a bold commitment and inviting Harlemites to make a difference in their own backyard as part of Starbucks Global Month of Service, a tribute to 40 years of the company’s ongoing commitment to community.
Along with HandsOn Network and New York Cares, Starbucks has invited their Partners (employees) and customers to join together for positive change in the communities where they live and work, through various volunteer opportunities in Morningside Heights and West Harlem, including:
· Planting and beautifying Morningside Park
· Revitalizing school grounds at PS 180 Hugo Newman College Preparatory School
· Packing kits and creating cards at Harlem Children’s Zone
· Installing a student mural with the Abbsinian Development Corporation’s (ADC) Youth Build
· Revitalizing the transitional family center Abby’s House
· Hosting a social gathering for seniors at the ADC’s Abbssinian Tower
The service activities will culminate with a celebration to recognize volunteers and honor the day’s achievements. For information on activities or to see how you can get involved, please visit Starbucks.com/CommunityService.
It kicks off on Saturday April 23, 9 -3 pm at PS 180 Hugo Newman College Preparatory School, 370 W. 120th St. NY, NY 10017