Join Harlem World Radio and the Harlem arts community for this special broadcast of The State of Arts in Harlem on October 28th at 2 pm. The show will continue the conversation started during Harlem Arts Advocacy Week by the Harlem Arts Alliance (HAA) and HW Arts writer Claude Jay’s article Highlights of the 4th Annual Harlem Arts Advocacy Week. The State of the Arts in Harlem conversation plans to paint a picture of the past, present and future of the arts in Harlem, the challenges and answers facing Harlem Artists, Arts organizations and businesses for the 21st century.
The one hour show will be divided into three 20 minute segments:
1. Past (history)
2. Present (where are we now) and
3. Future (answers for the future)
Daniel Tisdale, Visual artist and business owner
- Grace Aneiza Ali, Assistant director, Dwyer Arts Center
- Charles Hamilton, Chair, Harlem School of the Arts and business owner
- Claude Jay, Actor, vocalist, HW Art writer and business owner
- Regina Smith, Director, Harlem Business Alliance (HBA)
- Walter Rutledge, Choreographer, educator and HW Arts and Culture writer
- Michael Unthank, Director, Harlem Arts Alliance (HAA)
- Linda Walton, CB #9Mamber and Jazzmobile
Let’s look at some of The Numbers.
Tune in at Harlem World Radio.
- A Great Night In Harlem (onefinestay.com)