Okay, this Sunday, November 6th you’re attending the ING NYC Marathon in Harlem and you don’t know where to go? Well, we have three great picks for you, just make sure you get in position before the race starts at 8:30 am:
1. “Harlem Miles”: The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce (GHCC) is having their yearly “Harlem Miles” segment of the race in Harlem with entertainment from 135th to 110th Streets on 5th Avenue. Tip: view the race at 111th Street and Fifth Avenue. Get more information here.
2. Luz Ortiz Team for Kids: Cheer for Harlemite Luz Ortiz as she runs to raise funds for Team for Kids. Listen to her conversation about her journey of running her first marathon on HW Radio Podcast here. Check out her pledge (the last day to donate is November 6th) at: http://www.runwithtfk.org/Member/PublicPage/5755 . Also, look at her Aiding Hands NYC site at: www.aidinghandsnyc.org
3. The 21st mile: Visit Harlem basketball legend Russel Shuler, founder of Yes, Inc., USA and his crew as he captains the 21st mile. The 21st mile or the “Wall” of the run starts in Harlem, after leaving the Bronx from 138th street & 5th Avenue to south 124th street. As captain Russ heads up various volunteers via schools, churches, senior citizens and other community members.
Here are other ING NYC Marathon links:
- Bridges and Closures: go to the ING NYC Marathon site for more information in Harlem.
- Spectator Guide: Be a Part of It: A Guide for Marathon Fans right here.
Let us know where you ended up going?