Research report: 477 West 142nd Street HDFC & Occupation report
Columbia University Expansion: a gentrification scheme of ethnic cleansing in West Harlem:
The Payoff: a corrupt West Harlem Local Development Corporation: Where is the Community Benefits Agreement funds for the West Harlem community? Is it the latest thief by Black elected officials led by Congressman Charles Rangel?
Columbia University and the Banks: CU President Lee Bollinger, chair of the Board of Directors, the New York Federal Reserve Bank. OCCUPY COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY!
Wall Street swallows Carver Federal Savings, the oldest Black run Bank for a measly 55 million dollars.
November 17th Shutting Down Wall Street
This is a working meeting for adopted proposals to set up working groups: Housing, Media, and other working committees folks would like to work on or introduce.
1) For a Housing Working Group General Assembly Discussion A) Unanimous vote for Occupy Harlem to adopt as its campaign the preservation of 477 West 142nd Street HDFC as a low income home ownership community asset. To that end the working group agreed to conduct research on the building; meeting with all shareholders; issue public statement on the preservation of 477 West 142nd HDFC and all HDFC as low income home ownership community asset; hold a press conference;
2) Convene a People’s Public Hearing on Gentrification in Harlem: Evictions, Predatory Landlords, Predatory Harassment, Foreclosures,
3) Adopted policy statement on gentrification and ethnic cleansing including predatory investors and predatory harassing.
4) Sponsor teach-in – including films: (a) Boom, the Sound of Eviction (b) The Rezoning of 125th Street (c) The Vanishing City
5) Campaign for preservation of all low-income housing housing stock and the creation of more.
6) Set up Eviction Alert
7) Set up Legal Support
Media Working Group: immediate priority setting up website Setting up liaison reps with working committees of OWS i.e. People of Color, Outreach, Direct Action, Arts & Culture,
General Coordinating Working Group to execute adopted proposal, it is not a permanent working group.
Next Working Groups Meeting: Friday, Nov. 11, 2011
St. Mary’s Church
521 W. 126th St.
(between Amsterdam Ave. & Old Broadway)
6 PM to 8 PM.
Directions: #1 Broadway Local to 125th or
A to 125th/Walk five blocks west to Amsterdam Avenue.
Notice: Posted material does not reflect the views of Harlem World Magazine