Led by environmental educator Robin Sanchez, kids will embark on an eco investigation of Inwood Hill Park in Harlem.
This is the first in a series of six programs for children aged 8 to 12 years. Using a playful approach and the investigative method, kids will learn about their local parks and their flora and fauna. Programs will be presented in Fort Tryon Park, Highbridge Park, and Inwood Hill Park in Harlem. Kids may attend individual programs or the complete series.
- January 7 - Eco Investigation – Meet outside the Nature Center in Inwood Hill Park
- January 8 - Spread The Word! An Urban Park Exploration – Meet at Anne Loftus Playground, Fort Tryon Park
- January 14 – Where Does Our Drinking Water Come From? – Meet at W. 173 Street & Amsterdam Avenue, Highbridge Park
- January 21 - Plants’ Survival Strategies – Meet at the Nature Center in Inwood Hill Park
- January 28 – Nature Scavenger Hunt – Meet at Margaret Corbin Circle, Fort Tryon Park
- Date TBA - Animal Adaptations – Meet at Margaret Corbin Circle, Fort Tryon Park
These are outdoor programs so please dress accordingly. In the event of the following weather conditions, the programs will be rescheduled to a later date.
- More than 3 inches of snow
- Heavy rain
- Temperatures less than 20 degrees F