Rockstar Games is pleased to present the 39th annual Harlem Skyscraper Cycling Classic on Father’s Day, June 17 at Marcus Garvey Park, New York City (121st Street and Fifth Avenue). The historic community event provides a unique opportunity for cyclists of all levels and age groups to converge on the streets of Harlem in a day-long celebration of cycling filled with competitive, high-speed racing, food, and family entertainment.
Founded in 1973 by David Walker, a Community Affairs Officer with NYPD’s 25th Precinct, the “Skyscraper” was designed to attract children to a cycling safety program through the excitement of professional racing, and to offer amateur riders a chance to race in a beautiful urban setting. The Skyscraper is, above all, a community cycling festival with children’s events, great food including local food trucks Wafels & Dinges, and Frites N’ Meats, and some of the most spectacular, professional racing to be seen anywhere.
• 11:00am – Registration opens for Kids, Amateur, Pro races
• 12:00pm – Kid’s sprints and lap races begin
• 1:00pm – BMX stunt show begins with performances throughout the day and BMX classes for children
• 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Bike New York’s Learn to Ride program
• 1:00pm – Amateur races featuring various men’s and women’s categories and events
• 3:55pm – Call to line for pro racers
• 4:00pm – David Walker Memorial NCC and USA Crits event starts
Kid’s and amateur racing registration is open now: http://www.skyscraperclassic.com