Check out the tribal-print accessories and Nike kicks in this week’s street fashion, shot at the annual Harlem Day celebration earlier this month.
Brittney Taylor, 24; case manager for homeless veterans; Mount Vernon, NY
The daylong event, which began in 1974 and is the pinnacle of Harlem Week, turned four uptown blocks into a pedestrian mall full of live music, vintage cars, handmade crafts and food.
The Harlem Day event is part of Harlem Weeks annual celebration on 135th Street.
The article is by Tracey Wallace and the photography is by Krista Schlueter.
- Sponsored Love: Harlem for Barron Wise Contest: Win a Custom Made Dress (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Total, Can’t You See, ft. The Notorious B.I.G., 1995 (video) (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Usher, Lemme See W Rick Ross “The Boss” (video) (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: It’s My Park, Senior Swim in Harlem (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Melanie Fiona, 4AM (Edited Version) (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Uptown Fridays At Studio Museum in Harlem (harlemworldmag.com)