L-Boogie was just a young girl from New Jersey when she took the stage after being introduced by host Rick Avilas at the famed Apollo Theater on 125th Street (13 years old at the time) in Harlem.While she was clearly nervous, she also seemed excited for the opportunity, at first we thought she might have bitten off a lil more than she was ready to chew at the time. She performed “Who’s lovin you” in front of a tough a Harlem audience who booed her (she is in good company, Luther Vandross, Dave Chapelle, and Prince were booed).
Bye the end of her performance the Grammy award winning singer had the audience clapping and cheering.
- Apollo Back from London: Hackney vs. Harlem, Surprise Results! (harlemworldmag.com)
- Apollo Theater Kicks Off Music Café 2012-13 Line-Up (harlemworldmag.com)
- Apollo Holds Auditions for 2013 Amateur Night Season (harlemworldmag.com)
- Comedian Baby J interviewed at the Apollo In Harlem (video) (harlemworldmag.com)
- Chris “Rush Hour” Tucker Live at the Apollo (harlemworldmag.com)