Harlem and Chinatown discuss their knowledge of and experience with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes. These interviews were filmed as part of UnitedHealth Group’s awareness campaign for National Diabetes Awareness Month.
New York City, similar to the nation overall, has experienced a significant increase in diabetes prevalence over the past two decades – the number of self-reported diabetes among New York City adults has risen from around 3.7 percent in 1994 to 9.3 percent in 2010.
If you are interested in a story about diabetes awareness and prevention, I can share results from a national survey commissioned by UnitedHealth Group, as well as other educational materials. I can also arrange an interview with a medical doctor and diabetes expert if you have questions or need more information.
- Taking Control of Diabetes with Six Sigma and Statistical Analysis (prweb.com)
- YMCA of Philadelphia & Vicinity Offering Program to Keep Those with Prediabetes Healthy (prweb.com)
- Free GTA Event Geared Towards Empowering Diabetics and Those at Risk to Take Charge of Their Health and Transform Their Lives (prweb.com)
- Diabetes Symptoms & Causes (answers.com)
- DiabetesCare.net Seeking ‘Diabetes Heroes’ (prweb.com)