Join the Conservancy and Abdel Salaam, the founder and Artistic Director of Forces of Nature Dance Theater Company, as we learn about and celebrate the tradition of Kwanzaa. Forces of Nature will share the meaning and inspiration behind each of the seven principles (the Nguzo Saba) of Kwanzaa as they are used throughout the year by African descendants worldwide. Co-presented by the Museum for African Art. Ages 18+.
Thursday, December 20, 2012, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Free. No advance registration. For ages 18+. For more information, call 212-860-1370. Click here to learn more about the Conservancy’s monthly Harlem Meer Social Hour series.
Charles A. Dana Discovery Center (inside the Park on 110th Street between Fifth and Lenox Avenues).
- Happy Holidays! (bellasugar.com)
- Apollo Theater Holiday 2012 Schedule (harlemworldmag.com)
- Harlem Meer In Central Park Back Open This Weekend (harlemworldmag.com)
- Sponsored Love: The Big Apple, Harlem Details, 2010 (HW Shop) (harlemworldmag.com)
- Soical Hour: Celebrate Kwaanza At Dana Conservancy (harlemworldmag.com)