Harlem World Magazine gives people around the block, around the world the power to publish their own stories, see the world through the eyes of many other people, and connect and share wherever they go. The conversation that happens on Harlem World Magazine platforms – and the opinions expressed here – mirror the diversity of the people using Harlem World Magazine.
To balance the needs and interests of a global population, Harlem World Magazine protects expression that meets the community rules outlined on this page.
Please review these rules. They will help you understand what type of expression is acceptable, and what type of content maybe reported and removed.
1. Hate Speech. Harlem World Magazine does not permit hate speech, but distinguishes between serious and humorous speech. While we encourage you to challenge ideas, institutions, events, and practices, we do not permit individuals or groups to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition. Attacks or slurs will get you reported and banned.
2. Drug, Alcohol, or Tobacco. Discussions about or references to drugs and alcohol that serve to promote their usage are not allowed.
3. Nudity or Pornography. Harlem World Magazine has a strict policy against the of pornographic content and any explicitly sexual content where a minor is involved. We also impose limitations on the display of nudity. We aspire to respect people’s right to share content of personal importance, whether those are photos of a sculpture like Michelangelo’s David or family photos of a child breastfeeding.
4. Dangerous or Harmful. Posts that encourage members to participate in activities that we deem to be harmful or dangerous to members will be deleted (i.e. lighting things on fire, jumping cars over people etc.). Posts with links to sites with similar content will also be deleted. The posting member will be warned and could be banned depending on the content.
5. Selling or Trading. This applies mainly to the Marketplace. Harlem World Magazine items mean items manufactured by Harlem World Magazine. It does not include unpaid items made by other companies for Harlem World Magazine models.
6. Bullying and Harassment. Harlem World Magazine does not tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow users to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but take action on all reports of abusive behavior directed at private individuals. Repeatedly targeting other users with unwanted requests or messages is a form of harassment.
7. Self-Harm. Harlem World Magazine takes threats of self-harm very seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders or hard drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies in Harlem to provide assistance for people in distress.
8. Intellectual Property. Before sharing content on Harlem World Magazine, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
9. Phishing and Spam. We take the safety of our members seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security. We also ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. We do not allow companies or individuals to actively market products, services, or websites to members.
10. Identity and Privacy. On Harlem World Magazine people connect using their real names and identities. We ask that you refrain from publishing the personal information of others without their consent. Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts undermines community and violates Harlem World Magazines terms.
Harlem World Magazine has a thirst for quality, objective, non-partisan Harlem news in real time. News and views are written by expert contributors who live, eat, work in Harlem.
Harlem World Magazine posts are never post anything anonymously. And when questions and issues arise, Harlem World Magazine consults there team of Advisory Board members.
The Community Rules will be permanently posted here.
- The Harlem World Magazine Links Celebrates Harlem History (harlemworldmag.com)