Harlem’s Albert Maysles founder of In 2005 Albert founded the Maysles Institute in Harlem will be in Hollywood to present his masterpieces “Salesman” and “Give Me Shelter” at the fourth-annual TCM Classic Film Festival on April 25-28, 2013.TCM will welcome legendary stars, award-winning filmmakers and classic movie fans from around the globe for the four-day cinematic celebration, which this year will center on the theme Cinematic Journeys: Travel in the Movies.
Albert has received numerous awards and acclaim for his films and cinematography from such organizations as The Guggenheim Foundation, the Peabody Foundation, the Emmys, the American Society of Cinematographers and the International Documentary Association, which chose three films by Albert and David among the best 25 documentary films ever made.
TCM classic film festival 2013 promo video:
- HW Pick: State of Disbelief, State Farm Commercial, French Model (video) (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: The Art of Romare Bearden, DVD (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Medieval Arts Children’s Workshop in Harlem (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Coming Together By Coca Cola (video) (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Make It Last Forever By Keith Sweat At MISTHarlem (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Cartier Wooden Framed Platinum Glasses (harlemworldmag.com)
- HW Pick: Nina Sky and Juan Bago & O At El Museo (harlemworldmag.com)