By Michael Andre Adams
At times while in the gym during spin class, I’ll look down and notice the gears on number 13–the so-called cursed number we’ve been programmed to avoid in American culture.Hotels avoid the number 13 (in terms of floor numbers and room numbers) for fear of misfortune. I’ve even noticed how officials naming the streets in Santa Monica, California, made the decision to give the 13th street a name, rather than its rightful number. But yet our leaders and lawmakers claim that we are above all others as a Christian nation, which means our faith really should overrule our fears–that is to say if we believe the scriptures in the Bible, such as Joshua 1:8 say, suggesting that we meditate on the word day and night to make our way prosperous.
So I decided to examine the number 13 for a better understanding of what it represents.
- At Riding The Beast, the number 13 cleanses and purifies. “The number 13 brings the test, the suffering and the death. It symbolizes the death to the matter or to oneself and the birth to the spirit: the passage on a higher level of existence.”
- Faith Writers says, “The number “13” does not mean “evil,” but rather it is a most powerful God-given promise that will change the world for ever.” Afterwards the writer lists that “the promise is always initiated by God and destined to change the world forever.”
Numerology charts have no 13. They’re numbered 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,22 and 33. To define any other numbers, you typically cut the number. For example, 13 is one plus three, which equals four.
At Numerology Calculator, the number four breaks down as:
- Four is the basis of all solid objects. Four points are used in constructing the simplest solid and thus four is the number symbolizing the way of construction. In many religions, four is seen as the number for earth, and representing the four elements, Air Earth, Water and Fire.
- Character traits: Fours are seen as sensible, calm and practical. They are good at saving and managing money. They are seen as honest, courageous and ethical in their dealings. These people are reliable, responsible and extremely dependable.
- Negative Tendencies: Fours may be seen as too conservative, overcautious, slow and plodding. They are sometimes suspicious of strangers or innovation. They are known to have a violent and quick temper.
With that said, I can now see how the number four can be misconstrued when labeled by those who choose to dwell in the opposite of faith, which is fear. As for me, I choose to believe the scriptures, such as Genesis 1:26, where God clearly decided to make us (people) in the almighty and powerful image of himself and (as I imagine) the other spiritual beings (since he said “Let us make man…”).
Sharing this with you has helped me to grow in my faith walk after last week’s news from one resource’s prediction of the possibility of lack in an upcoming month. It was f-e-a-r, or false evidence (attempting to) appear real. But again, if I truly believe the scriptures and all the promises therein, I know that I am made in the image of God and that everything God desired, he spoke into existence (Genesis 1:3; “And God said let there be light…”).
So prior to sharing this message with you, I went into meditation. I spoke into existence my continued, uninterrupted, abundant prosperity. I bound up and condemned the thought (torment) and reality of the lack of any good thing from my life. Henceforth I will keep my focus on the abundance in which I will continue to dwell.
To you I wish the same strength to call forth your good. Like me, I hope you believe that you dwell in “the blessing,” which according to Proverbs 10:22; “…maketh rich and adds no sorrow (lack).”
Before I go, I’d like to share with you a picture below, with a caption I believe to be totally relevant…
Happy Sunday, believers!
- Christians Enjoyed 2012′s Popular Verses in Their Native Language with French English Bible (prweb.com)
- Destroy The Distance: New Review Examining Adam Rabin’s Long Distance Relationship Program Released by ConquerHisHeart.com (prweb.com)