The Story of Harlem Is Your Story
Here are some ways you can tell your story:
Stories have to be about Harlem, a story with a Harlem State of Mind or a NYC story from Harlem to Hollis or a national story from Harlem to Hollywood or even a global story from Harlem to Harare.
1. News Story: We welcome submissions that tell a story about all things Harlem, past, present and future from news, arts and events (and/or a Harlem State of Mind, or stories from Harlem to Hollywood, Harlem to Harare and/or Harlem to Hollis).
- Articles are typically between 250 – 1000 words.
- Photos, videos, audio, and graphics can be attached as JPG, TIF, or PNG files, (embeds) and increase the chance that items will be run more prominently (600 pixels wide).
- Press releases sent as attached Word documents, PDFs, JPGs, or with a link to click for more information will not be accepted.
- Information should be submitted one to two weeks before the date of the event (if date sensitive).
We do not:
- Post flyers unless they are paid.
- New writers/authors cannot post biographical articles and/or content on our platforms until they have written three or more articles on (harlemworldmag.com).
2. Selfie Questionnaire: Answer the Selfie Questionnaire using the link after filling it out the PDF and sending it back to us. Note: Harlem World Magazine will curate your Questionnaire and the photograph to our format.
Fill out the Selfie Questionnaire by clicking HERE.
The Harlem World Magazine editorial team provides copy editing (fact checking, writing and proofreading).
Review the HW Editorial Calendar below to plan your month-to-month, seasonal or something other plan editorial:
If you would like to submit your article and/or a completed Questionnaire for review please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “HW Contributor” in the subject line.
Last update 11/29/2015