EmblemHealth will kick-off a city-wide campaign for a healthier New York with a free, outdoor Zumba class – the largest in Harlem. As the Official Sponsor of Small Steps, EmblemHealth is launching a neighborhood-by-neighborhood campaign that encourages everyone to live healthier by taking small steps one day at a time. EmblemHealth will provide access to fitness, health and nutrition classes and other free resources to help Harlemites take control and manage their health.
On June 11, EmblemHealth will host a kick-off in Harlem with:
- A special appearance by Angela Yee from Power 105.1 FM’s Breakfast Club and the Power 105.1 Street Team
- The debut of the Small Steps Experience — a mobile unit featuring a photo booth, basketball, bicycles and other fun fitness activities
- An outdoor Zumba class with the Power 105.1 Street Team
- Interviews are available with:
– William Gillespie, MD, Chief Medical Officer, EmblemHealth and President and CEO, AdvantageCare Physicians
– David Flemister, Director, Brand Strategy & Community Marketing, EmblemHealth
– Dr. Hazel N. Dukes, President of the NAACP New York State Conference
– Angela Yee, Power 105.1 FM radio personality
Wednesday, June 11, 3:00 pm, remarks, 315 pm – 6 pm Zumba and other fitness activities
Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building, 163 West 125th Street (corner of Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Boulevard), New York, NY.
For more information, visit www.emblemhealth.com.