Are you working on your estate plans or need to update them? How can you best provide for family and loved ones while also supporting your favorite charities? Do you understand the probate process or want to avoid it? Are you confused by the continued estate tax changes? Most importantly, what will be your legacy?
We are pleased to present an educational seminar for Library patrons and supporters. John Bacon, Director of Planned Giving, will present estate planning concepts in easy-to-understand terms, in a relaxed and interactive environment—questions will be encouraged—and completely free of charge.
You are welcome to invite a friend, or your legal or financial advisor, to join you. The seminar will cover such topics as:
- Federal and New York estate and gift taxes: what is and is not taxed
- Wills vs. living trusts
- Your retirement plan’s hidden taxes
- Passing assets on to heirs without estate and gift taxes
- Avoiding capital gains taxes on appreciated securities and generating additional income
- Realizing some of the cash value of your home without giving it up
For reservations, please call (212) 930-0093, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, November 14th, 2016, 6 PM
Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, The New York Public Library
515 Malcolm X Boulevard, New York, NY 10037, www.schomburgcenter.org
Photo credit: Librarian in our Jean Blackwell Hutson Research and Reference Division, explores the NAACP Papers now available at the Schomburg Center.