This position is for a Diabetes Specialty Sales Representative within our AZ/BMS Diabetes Alliance. Candidates must be able to understand and apply knowledge of health care industry trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmaco-economics and the payer/reimbursement landscape) and analyze these factors in the development of territory business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines. Develops and implements territory business plans centered on Endocrinologists and other Diabetes specialty customers. These plans will focus on performance and execution impacts that properly identify and prioritize activities to accomplish short and long term business goals.
Demonstrates a deep, clear and thorough understanding of the Diabetes disease state Diabetes Alliance products and relevant competitor products, including their mechanisms of action, indications, efficacy, and safety, etc. Demonstrates highly effective territory management skills and exemplary selling competencies. Collaborates with territory matrix team on identifying business opportunities and developing appropriate tactics and strategies. Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information. Drives market share growth and maximizes sales performance within the indicated use and for the approved patients.
– Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Representative experience required; the last 3 years having been in a Diabetes Sales Role, specifically with building relationships and sales with Endocrinologists.
– Diabetes specialty marketplace experience preferred or other demonstrated Diabetes therapeutic experience preferred in addition to the requirements listed above.
– Demonstrated strong capability in account management and proven sales performance track record.
– Demonstrated understanding of the business drivers, dynamics, regulations and market access environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
– Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network.
– Evidence of strong established relationships with local endocrinology specialists preferred.
– Effectively use active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication and build and influence key customers.
– Demonstrates comfort with technology and uses technology to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes and sales calls.
– Demonstrated strong business analytics ability to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans.
– Demonstrated ability to work in matrix teams.
– Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance.
As this position requires operation of a Company-provided vehicle, offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate meeting the requirements of “Qualified Driver,” as determined by the Company in its sole discretion, including but not limited to the following: 1) at least 21 years of age; 2) a driver’s license in good standing issued by your state of residence; and, 3) a driving risk level deemed acceptable by the Company.