To help meet the two-year acceleration of MillionTreesNYC, the initiative of planting and caring for one million new trees in New York City by 2015 … … New York Restoration Project (NYRP) is launching its largest spring tree giveaway season, boosting its popular spring tree giveaways by 140%. NYRP is partnering with 75 local community organizations to host giveaways throughout all five boroughs (there will be 8 events hosted giveaway events in Manhattan, 6 of which will take place in Harlem). From March through May, the country’s largest municipal tree giveaway program will hand out 12,000 free trees to New Yorkers to plant in their front or back yards, gardens or commercial property.
- NYC property owners can find the giveaway schedule and locations online at www.nyrp.org/treegiveaways.
- They can register for a tree in advance. Registration is typically available at least two weeks prior to the giveaway.
- If registration is full, a limited quantity of trees is available on a first come, first served basis at the event.
- An NYRP representative on site will explain how to plant and care for the tree.
- Participants take their trees home to plant in a yard, garden, commercial property, community garden, etc.
- Participants must agree to the following terms:
New York Restoration Project (NYRP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming open space in under-resourced communities to create a greener, more sustainable New York City. NYRP is also the leading private partner of the City of New York in MillionTreesNYC, an initiative to plant and care for one million new trees throughout NYC’s five boroughs. As part of MillionTreesNYC, NYRP partners with community organizations to conduct the largest municipal tree giveaway program in the country. Thanks to generous support from lead sponsors, TD Bank and Toyota, and supporting sponsor, JetBlue, NYRP will host over 90 tree giveaways in the spring season 2014 and hand out 12,000 free trees. To learn more about tree giveaways, please visit