Celebrate National Waffle Day in Harlem on August 24th, 2017 by creating the ultimate Belgian waffle. Whether it’s a thick and crisp Belgian or the chewier Liège, waffles pair excellently with almost any topping.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs, plus an additional ½ cup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded cheese blend
- Plug in the waffle maker and turn it to setting 4.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the additional ½ cup of the bread crumbs.
- Use a ½ cup measuring cup to measure out the “patty.”
- Form the patties as you would a burger.
- Roll the mashed potato patty in the additional ½ cup of bread crumbs.
- Once the waffle maker is preheated, place four patties, one per waffle section, into the waffle maker.
- Press down slightly on each patty and close the lid. When the waffle maker signals the waffle is ready, remove it from the waffle maker.
- Waffles can be topped with sour cream, chives, bacon or your favorite topping.
Have any tips you would like to share with us send them to us below.