Celebrate National Waffle Day in Harlem on August 24th, 2017 by creating the ultimate Belgian waffle. Whether it’s a thick and crisp Belgian or the chewier Liège, waffles pair excellently with almost any topping.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- half cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp mini marshmallows or marshmallow fluff
- Plug in the waffle maker and turn it to setting 3.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, minus the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Let mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- When the waffle maker is done preheating measure out half cup of the mixture into each waffle compartment
- Close the waffle maker, when the waffle maker signals open the lid.
- top the front 2 waffles with the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Take the 2 back waffles and place them on top of the 2 front waffles.
- Close the lid, allow chocolate and marshmallows to melt, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove waffles and enjoy.
Have any tips you would like to share with us send them to us below.