A horse-drawn delivery carriage advertising the West End Theatre (built-in 1902 by developer Meyer R. Bimberg known as “Bim the Button Man” who was a visionary and built the Yorkville, and the Colonial) is parked in front of the theater during 1903. Two billboard posters advertise the West End Theatre’s production of “Mary of Magdala” by Paul Heyse and staring Mrs. Fiske, who was considered the most important actress on the American stage in the first quarter of the 20th century.
Located on 125th Street between St. Nicholas and Morningside Avenue, today houses the La Gree Baptist Church. The West End Theatre was a grand playhouse for the new masses moving uptown in the up-and-coming neighborhoods of Mount Morris Park and Morningside Heights.
Harlem+Bespoke reports that a photo above taken in 1905 shows an interior view of the West End Theatre. The ballroom was apparently on the top floor of the building.